Website Elpis Biopharmaceuticals
Job Type – Full Time, regular
Elpis is a newly established biotech company committed to discovering and developing novel biological and immune cell therapeutics for the treatment of cancer patients. Elpis has built a fully human antibody mRNA display technology platform enabling us to rapidly screen and discover antibodies targeting challenging tumor specific or associated molecules. We are building a first-rate research team to advance the pipeline and develop innovative medicines serving human health and well-being. We are a teamwork orientated company and are looking for dedicated, self-motivated and talented individuals to join the team.
We are looking for a research associate to joint the biology and functional assay group. This group will analyze and screen newly discovered therapeutic molecules for biochemical, cellular and immunological function. The candidate will be responsible for efficiently delivering high-quality research results for decision making. The candidate will also help explore and develop innovative technologies to advance biologic projects. The candidate will analyze scientific results, provide oral and written reports, and remain current to literature reports and technological developments.
- Care for and scale up cancer cell lines for experiments
- Isolate and characterize primary cells from biological samples
- Optimize and execute robust biochemical assays to assess the developability of therapeutic candidates
- Optimize and execute cellular assays including cell proliferation, growth inhibition, immune cell activation and pathway analysis
- Carefully document experiments, analyze scientific results and provide written reports
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Enzymology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology or related fields
- 1-3 years of laboratory experience preferably in cancer biology in academic or industry setting
- Experience and interest in growing cancer cell lines and isolating, stimulating and propagating primary human and murine cells
- Technical understanding and hands-on experience with ELISAs, western blotting, flow cytometry and/or reporter assays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Efficient time management with multi-tasking ability is essential
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org